Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A natural spring has appeared at bottom of my garden and is

Customer Question

Hello. A natural spring has appeared at bottom of my garden and is causing a lot of water in the private rear lane. The water is orange and thick in parts. My grade 2 listed terraced cottage was built for people who worked in the iron works close by. I have no idea what to do. Obviously something needs to be done else in winter will be an ice rink.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to anyone at all please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it only started about week ago and very little water but now there is a lot of this orange thick mess covering the pathway at bottom of garden and then into rear lane
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot afford to pay extra for phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what happens now. Do I stay online or will you email me as need to go out later. Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its online. But I am in and out of Court.

This is a very strange one, you should report it to the Council and your local Water Authority. It may be a burst pipe and if so then you may not be liable for the cost of repair.

If that does not work then you should get a surveyor in. That person will investigate the source and make recommendations. If there is a cost it is entirely possible that your insurance company will pay for this.
But the first port of call is the Council and your local Water supplier. Then if that does not work get a survey done

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I will do as you have suggested. Have just logged a call with natural resources Wales as well
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.