Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I wish to complain about a number of invoices issued by the

Good afternoon, I wish to complain about a number of invoices issued by the Mitchell Psycological Practice for consultation services provided to me. After just three sessions last March, I noted that the consultation was ineffective and counterproductive, contributing to an increase of my anxiety and worsening of my mild depression. Immediately therafter I started developing severe headakes and chest pains, which I though might be related to symptoms of my state of mind, and was referred by my GP to the Wellington Hospital and Lister Hospital, where I carried out cranial and spinal MRI/PMC scans as well as oesophagus endoscopy and biopsy.
I feel that the Mitchell Psycological Practice is unduly charging me £770 for three sessions which not only have not helped cure my condition but severely worsened it.
Please, advise how you suggest that I should respond to the Mitchell Psycological Practice
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

On what basis do you wish to dispute this, just on the basis it didnt work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to dispute this on the basis that the psychological consultation might have contributed to a worsening of my symptoms with consequent urgent need for Medical consultation and analysis. Also, in the registration form there is no mention of the agreed fees.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then you do not need to pay whatsoever and say why.

The Practice can then take a view. If they do not pay you then they can issue a claim in the County Court for the money.

Given the value it would be a small claim.

As such you can defend it on the basis it made no difference and they did not deliver what was promised.

You wont need lawyers or anything as it is a small claim.

But you can dispute it on the above basis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to add that when I signed the registration form I thought that the consultation might be covered by my insurance, this was on the basis of the Mitchell Psychological Practice statement that they could refer to the service in the claim as 'general discomfort'. My Insurer declined to cover the charge and I am now personally liable to this payment.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Indeed. My response remains the same, you could defend it on the basis it make no difference

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean that I can defend my refusal to pay the fees on the masis that the consultation did not deliver the expected outcome?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Correct. That is your only option

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.