13262538

I am a member of diamond resorts holiday club, is it

I am a member of diamond resorts holiday club, is it possible to exit from the contract bearing in mind the recent decisions by spanish supreme court
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

Are you annual payments up to date and how much has this person asked you for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Annual maintenance fees are upto date....the visitor claimed that a fee of £4950 would be the costwith a £1200 deposit to start the process....
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When queiried the lack of formal i d it was stated that this was to protect their interests and stop diamond causing them haassle....but they would accept a £500 deposit....i have not done this although copies of my points certificates have been given to them as they stated the solicitor would require those.....i have not agreed to them acting for me
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

May I ask - woudl two years if maintenance fee be more or less than they are asking you to pay?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
About the same...maintenance fee is due in january and is likely to be about £2000 to £2500, and about the same plus the inflation increase which goes on each year
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I must apologise but its 2225 hrs here and i have a busy day tomorrow so i am off to bed, i probably will not have chance to review your answer till later tomorrow hopefully thats ok , basically i want to know if there is an exit strategy many thanks
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My apologies for the delay

If you contact Diamond you will find that you can exit in return for the payment of two years maintenance fees

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** past diamond were notorious for refusing requests to leave, what changed and is there a department,person telephone number to contact,.. what changed their stance on leaving the membership
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

So far as I am aware the change has been in place for at least two years - I am sorry I have no details of who you contact - merely that this is the way you can exit

The change came in as a result of the issues that arose I believe