12826847

My situation is as follows: Around 6 years ago, my mum and I

Customer Question

Hi, my situation is as follows:
Around 6 years ago, my mum and I gave our family pet, a German shepherd called King up because my mum at the time worked. We gave the dog to a stables as we had known all the riders and the owners of the stables for many years. They agreed to take him for free. We did not hand over the documents we received when we bought him as a puppy and have not changed over the micro chip address and names so on documents and on the micro chip he still belongs to us. There was no written agreement when handing over the dog. We have visited him over the last 6 years and every time we see him he always stays with us and tries to get in the car with us when we leave. My mum does not work anymore and therefore we want him back. Is it possible for us to take him back without their consent or will we be prosecuted? Thank you. Jilly
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

This was six years ago?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 years ago we gave him up but we want him back now. We have visited King over the last 6 years though.