Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If a neighbour is having a loft conversion and they have

If a neighbour is having a loft conversion and they have erected a scaffolding around the house and it seems a cover is going to cover the whole of there roof ( to allow work to be carried out).
We have our satellite dish at the rear of our house pointing over there roof, if the cover is fitted, this will obstruct the signal,
We have a very difficult relationship with our neighbour, after the tried to attack my partner and he assaulted me ( given a police warning).
Due to us objecting to there original extension proposals,
Is there anything we can do via the local planing officers etc, to address this. This could be a lengthy process as the builders only seem to work half a day!!
Your help in the first instance would be a great help
Many thanks *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello Mr Bryant my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do we do if once this scaffolding roof is fitted and affects our satellite signal, and how do we resolve this without causing more problems between us as its a very difficult time at the moment, we have not spoken to them in just under a year since the assault.Thank you

You could ask Sky to move it and then seek the costs back from them. You won't be able to sue them for loss of signal.

The structures have been approved with planning permission. But they would be liable for the cost of re-siting the dish.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?