Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am an Irish citizen from the republic of ireland I am

Customer Question

I am an Irish citizen from the republic of ireland I am resident in uk for tax returns as I have worked in the UK since 1962 . I have made a will in the republic of ireland which covers all my assets ln the UK, is that will legal in the uk
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. Dear *****, yes, this will is legal in the UK. Essentially, your Irish will shall govern your Uk assets as well as your Irish assets. The irish will is proved in the usual way in England and admitted to probate in the usual way. It will then govern inheritance to your estate of all your assets in the UK as well as in Ireland. There is no need to make a second will. However, if you decide to make a second will, you need to be sure it doesn't revoke the other existing will.

2. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.