Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I ordered an Eames Chair replica. It cost me £1200 but the

Customer Question

Hello. i ordered an Eames Chair replica. It cost me £1200 but the delivery guy just left the big box in the pavement. I unpacked the chair in the street as the box was too big and wouldn't find in the corridor leading to my flat on the second floor. It turned out that the chair is made in China and of no good quality as the two other ones that I ordered and returned without hassle. The owner of the company told me on the phone that their chairs were not made in China but their website shows that they are indeed made in China. They say that the chair is made under 'western" supervision, a rather racist remark I would say.
Now they want me to pay for the collection of the chair and they will only accept it back if it is in the original package. But the box is outside and is getting damaged by the wheather and even passers by. Besides, I would need to put the chair back in the box outside in the street and then wouldn't know the exact time the box would be collected.
The seller mentions its return policy and original packaging but they also say, in their website, that they offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. 100% should be 100%, not 90%, that is, "we will accept the return as long as you the customer pays for the shipping and send the chair in the same box". The owner, Hannah, told me on the phone , after i explained that I had already bought and returned two eames' replicas because of the poor quality, that those chairs were all made in China whilst their chairs were not. In other words, she lied to me. What should I do now? I've already paid the council to collect the box, which is outside in the street. They will come on monday. Do i really have to pay for the collection and do ai really need to send it in the original box? Does the 100% satisfaction is worth nothing. Can they just llid to customers like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you order it online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a FULL refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number is ************
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am really not happy with this site. It is not the same one I used before. It is too slow and it is very confusing. I've just paid extra. When are you going to call me ? And is my phone number public now? If so, how can i delete it ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

No, it cant be seen, dont worry.