Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have two questions. First I am here on a travel passport

Hello I have two questions. First I am here on a travel passport from Canada (6monts stay as per allowance) to be with my partner. After being here 2months we took a small trip together to Spain. Does my 6 month stay start over now that I have re entered the UK? Second I want to stay with my partner (I am a 63 retired woman) how do we get the two year being together requirement needed?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please if you can help me it would be appreciated. I need to know when I return to Canada what visa I will need to make a life her with my partner. Any help is great. Thank you in advance
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. Dear Wendy, firstly, I regret to say that your six month period given by your visa does not begin again after you spend a short time in Spain. The six months is the total allowed from when you enter the country initially. So, your will have two months plus the short time in Spain gone out of it and 3/4 months left.

2. Secondly, evidence of a subsisting relationship for two years can be provided by anything which shows the ongoing nature of your relationship for two years. Examples are sharing the lease to a flat. The sharing of joint expenses. Anything which shows the relationship as ongoing such as presents, living together, going on holiday together, having a child together, gifts, engagement or commitment rings. The list is endless.

3. What is important is anything which shows the committed nature of the relationship for two years.

4. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you Accept or Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you this helps me.

5. Do you need any more advice? If not please Rate or Accept the Answer.

Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience