13262538

What rights do I have as a beneficiary to my grandmas

What rights do I have as a beneficiary to my grandmas estate?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When did your Grandmother die?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My grandmother died on 30th March 2014, and my mother became executor to her estate with my auntie being executor in reserve, however before the probate was granted my mother passed away on 15th May 2015. So we have had to wait for my mums probate to come through and my auntie to be made executor in lieu of my mum. So as it stands myself, my auntie, and my two cousins are beneficiaries to a third of her estate. The issue is my auntie is living in the house and we are constantly being delayed over the settlement as we have agreed a figure for the house back in March this year and are now having to wait for conveyancing to go through.
I just want to know the following:-
Do I have to sell to my Auntie as our relationship has broken down?
Is she deriving a benefit from my grandmothers estate living in the house, paying no rent/mortgage?
Are myself and my cousins entitled to some form of rent whilst the sale goes through?
Please let me know if you need any further information.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that.

To answer your questions in order

1. You cannot chose who the property is sold to BUT you can ask for evidence that the sale is at market price

2. Yes she is

3. Yes you are are entitled to a percentage of the current market rent equivalent to the percentage that you will inherit (payable as part of the capital payment)

Please ask if you need further details