12826847

How can I get to see my granddaughter? She is coming up 14

Customer Question

How can I get to see my granddaughter? She is coming up 14 and we haven't seen her since she was 2. Her mother is estranged from my Son and she wont let any of us see her. We (the grandparents) send her money for Christmas and birthdays which is never acknowledged. Her Mother never communicates with us about her, despite me sending letters to ask if/when we can see her, except once when she wrote to say she was moving (and left no forwarding address) and all further post for my granddaughter should be sent to her mother, (the other grandmother). She wrote to me once more to say she'd moved and my granddaughter had not received anything for her birthday. (Apparently when she moved, she'd swapped house with a friend and no post from me had arrived for my granddaughter!). I refused to send anything for her birthday last year until they let me know that she was still receiving her mail from us. The Mother bumped into my Son and told him she was still receiving her mail (via grandma) and so I sent her Birthday and Christmas money in together on Christmas Eve. Still no pictures or other communication barring those mentioned above.
I saw her running behind her mum in town one day and I asked her if she was Kacey and she smiled and said yes. I told her I was her nanny and don't ever forget that she's seen me. Her Mother grabbed her and ran off with her like I was the devil!!! I think I saw her a year later, a teenage version, but its sad to say I wouldn't have recognized her if I hadn't seen her Mother. (I didn't call out to her this time!).
When I send my granddaughter her cards and cash I put a phone no. in but I've never been called so I don't actually know if the card gets censored.
Thank you for 'listening'!
Do we really just have to wait till she's 18 to make her own mind up?
From Rose
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. What arrangements address there for the father to see her?

Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.