LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I have allegations regarding online grooming. They have

Customer Question

I have allegations regarding online grooming. They have screenshots of chat which I am denying that it's not reflecting the true sequence of conversation. Unfortunately, I don't have conversation on my or other user's phone, as messages get deleted automatically once you block the user, this is natural behaviour of the application.My question is; are screenshots are admissible in case their is a court?
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

Unless there is some reason why admitting this as evidence would make the reial unfair then it can be admitted. The loss of the rest of the conversation is unlikely to be a good enough reason on it's own.

sorry there was a mistype reial should be trial

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But they are not reflecting the truth. My point is, screenshots are manupulated.That's not important?

It is important but you can give evidence about the true screenshot history. It would be a different matter if the police had lost the conversation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But allegations are not coming from police, it is another vigilant group, who used decoy profile. So my point is; I believe they have given manipulated screenshots to police in the first place.

I am sorry but my replies keep not getting sent to you.

That situation is different then and if your lawyer can argue teat the self appointed investigators have been deceitful than it may well be possible to exclude the evidence. What stage is the case at? Do you have a solicitor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It currently under investigation by the police, they are about to send the case to CPS.

OK so quite an early stage. If yo do no have one yet get a solcitor now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will. Can anything be done by solicitors at investigation stage to get this evidence to be removed from consideration or CPS will judge the admissibility of that evidence?

There isn't much that can be done at this stage issues of admissibility will be dealt with later by the Judge either a trial or on pre-trial hearings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Quick question; if police refers the case to CPS, does that mean police decided to charge and seeking approval from CPS? Or they have to refer to CPS for decision and police does not decide anything. Thanks

The CPS decide not the police.