13262538

I'd like to connect with and ask questions of a UK based

I'd like to connect with and ask questions of a UK based solicitor
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, I'd like to ask a UK based solicitor to look at and review what I've been sent from Ruth M. Velasco. She has sent me a color copy of her Provisional Driver's License. I'm wanting to verify its authenticity please.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What would you like me to do?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Clare. First allow me to ask about a portion of the Just Ask disclaimer. Contained within its wording is language expressing that the responses of Just Ask's legal representatives advice should not be consider as more than "Responses are general information, not legal advice". So with these words how can I have confidence in your response/responses to my inquiries being legal and factual? Because what I want for you to review and inform me of its/their authenticity/validity will be a few things sent to me by a women from the UK (claims to be living in Milton Keynes), whom I am trying to learn IF everything is legit!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will await your response to my initial inquiry Clare before sending you any of the items I'm wanting a UK based solicitor to review.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Since we are not meeting face to face and I do not have full details of your problem I cannot possibly give you formal legal advice spcific to your case.

I can only tell you what the legal position is based only on what you have told me - and of course my knowledge of the subject and any insight that comes from years of experience.

Hence there is no solicitor/client relationship and technically I am simply giving you an overview of your position

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, Clare, I better understand now. I wasn't expecting a lawyer/client legal relationship, especially since I am 4500 miles away from where you are.If it's all right, please allow me to ask a few questions about you.1. Where do you currently practice law in the UK?
2. How do I verify you are who you claim to be? Do you have a copy a legal shingle you could send to me? Or is there another way you have satisfied previous JustAsk customers when they have asked you the same question?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

I work in the East Midlands of England.

The site you are using has verified my Practising Certificate confirming that I am entitled to practise as a solicitor (die for renewal next month - it is an annual thing)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if I wanted to or chose to, JustAsk would provide me with your Practicing Certificate? Is this the same as what is referred to as a "shingle" here in the USA?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

No they would confirm that they had seen it and that they know that I am qualified. I suspect it is the same - it's a piece of paper that says O have done nothing bad this year

Or at least not anything they know about!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Clare are you still there? I know there is a 6 hr time difference between us.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, I just received your last response.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

OK

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like to re-send you a document you previously told me was not legal, not legit. But this time please tell me why. If you have something you could send me that is legit/legal as a comparison I'd greatly appreciate it.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Clare I've sent you a response along with an attached document. Have you received them?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

What a lovely document - very impressive - utterly false but very pretty.

I am not sure whether it is meant to be a Court Order or an affidavit

Either way it would not use letter headed paper and there would be no peculiar background - and no red seal.

A real affidavit would look something like this

http://www.logiclaw.co.uk/zehibitmod/zEXHIBITScln_html_76822f0b.jpg

or the one shown as a template on this page

https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk/documents-and-forms/affidavit.rl#

The wording of the document is most strange and frankly makes no sense whatsoever - I have no idea what it is meant to be trying to say - but the Post code is not a Uk postcode; Grants of Probate do not have reference numbers and Uk affidavits have nothing to do with the EU.

There are many many other problems with it - those are the highlights

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Clare, your reply with the included evaluation of the piece of crap I sent is greatly appreciated. May I please send you a few more documents for you to look over?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Of course you may!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here they are: a copy of a supposed receipt, a copy of a VISA and finally a copy of a UK provisional driver's license. The receipt was supposedly proof of a fee paid for probate. The VISA was proof of actually having one. The provisional driver's license is supposed to have been issued to the person I'm doubting from your DVLA. So is the receipt real evidence from the bank listed? Is the VISA real? Is the provisional license real? Also what about the license number, is ur real?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

No the receipt is not real (nor would Probate fees be that high - £105 at most)

If it was valid it would say Received somewhere on it.

If that is meant to be an American Visa in a passport it certainly is not what mine looked like - they are simply stamps in your passport

And the Provisional licence is just a no - not least because they have not realised that your date of birth is hidden in your driver number!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Once again Clare I say thank you for your assistance and opinions on what I've sent you today. May I get back in touch with you should I need some additional opinions on UK, stuff?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 months ago.

Whenever you wish!

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much!