Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Am I able / permitted to obtain information about myself,

Am I able / permitted to obtain information about myself, from an opposing solicitor, under the Data Protection act whilst they are still instructed by the applicant in a private law case where my partner is the respondent?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. What information are you seeking to obtain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The firms instructing client has made a vague but serious accusation against me, in public, which I is untrue and I believe they will have provided evidence to their own solicitor to that effect. e.g. prior knowledge that their statement was without foundation. I am not the respondent in the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Therefore I am looking to obtain the information that they hold on my to draw a line under it.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. You will not be able to obtain any information from her solicitors as any discussions or disclosure of evidence between them will be subject to legal privilege.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you