Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Next doors man was beating my door down this morning, he is

Next doors man was beating my door down this morning, he is not a resident , I have 2 kids under 4, he threatened to damage my car and called me a lot of nasty names in front of my 3yr old, he was aggressive and extreamly abusive , called police , however they seemed disinterested ,I felt threatened and extreamly intimidated, I do not want to be at home alone in case he comes back, what can I do legally ? Injunction etc and how do I insist police take it further? Many thanks, Ursula
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ursula my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has this person done this before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the male no
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. You should complain to the Police again, it could be a criminal offence of public order.

In the alternative if he does this again, this could be harassment. The Police can warn him if this happens again.

But you should go to a different Police station or if you go to the same one, ask to speak to a Sergeant.

But they should be taking this serious - this is a very serious matter and should investigate.
If they refuse to do so, you should write and make a formal complaint to the Chief Constable directly.

It will then certainly be investigated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** follow your instructions and go from there, what about my neighbour, should I make that complaint about her, she knows my situation and why I moved in there as she can view my files at work?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

As for the Anti Social Behaviour you should contact the Council. They should have a team that deals with this.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will talk to the council again , than you, I feel better knowing where I stand with the law .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!