29905560

I am after some advise please

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** I am after some advise please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Please can you tell me you would like to be advised on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I intiteld to have my investigastion notes from my companey appeal
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long ago was the investigation carried out? Please can you also provide some background information on the circumstances that led to the investigation and how long you worked there for? Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
appeal grevence was started on 30 juliy 2016 ant appeal was lodged on 25 august the case is to do with duty of care or lack of it and mental health I have worked for my company for 19 years
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please e-mail***@******.***
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks. I will respond to you at the earliest opportunity.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. You should indeed be entitled to see the notes taken at any appeal hearing. It is not only good practice but can also be a right you enjoy under data protection legislation. If the employer is taking documentary notes of a meeting and you can be identified from the contents of the meeting, then that would amount to personal data and you have the right to see the transcript of such notes. If the employer is not allowing you to see them then you can make a subject access request with them to try and get a copy of these under the Data Protection Act.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the procedure you need to follow to make a subject access request, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my response should be visible on this page. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you