12826847

My stepson has been renting a house with a friend. The

Customer Question

My stepson has been renting a house with a friend. The tenancy was due for renewal and he advised the landlord he was leaving and not renewing. His housemate moved his girlfriend in, in his place, that the landlord is aware of and agreed. However he said my stepson can't get HIS part of the deposit back until his friend also leaves the property. Surely my stepsons tenancy has ended so he is entitled to his share back. The landlord should be getting the remainder of the deposit from the new tenant and creating a new tenancy agreement?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know what type of tenancy he had please? Was it an assured shorthold?