Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I've been sent sent 2.5 percent shares certificate that I've

Customer Question

I've been sent sent 2.5 percent shares certificate that I've not yet paid for but asking 5000 pounds! By electronic email under ordinary heading . Am I liable and I checked on companies it doesn't look like he is a director but I know he is secretary they not completed their first year accounts yet! He is a friend that I'm helping out and said that this is just in case anything should happen to him before he can manage to pay me back! But does this make me liable for anything?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He said he has 45 percent shares as does his partner and his son 10. I think this has been done in the last year so not been recorded at companies house.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When am I likely to get an answer please?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The danger of accepting unpaid shares is the following - if the company went insolvent you would be liable to contribute £5000 to the assets of the company. If you are listed as an unpaid shareholder this will be recorded as a debt in the company accounts. I would get him to either register the shares as paid and let him put the money in or not accept the shares. Kind regards AJ