12826847

Husbands car was parked at daughters & knock at door was

husbands car was parked at daughters & knock at door was south cambs refuse who backed into his car.. its a right off... although claiming through his insurance for quick settlement can he also sue south cambs ... thank you ..jean
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is there a shortfall in the claim from his insurance company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure yet as this happened 12 sept
regardless I think they should be sued due to lack of awareness.. man said sun was in his eyes at 7.30am when it was overcast.. its more for the stress & inconvenience plus why should council get away with such driving.. it could have been a child
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh we are doing it though our own ins as doing 3rd party i was told they could offer what they like & if we disagreed could take quite awhile plus our curtisy car would be gone so no car to find another car for him
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK but is there any suggestion that you won't recover everything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we are going in circles... I just want to know if its possible to sue council.. after all if you fall due to faulty paving slab you sue... as it was total negligence on their part (refuse truck driver)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It depends. Possibly but not if you are going to recover anyway from your insurance company. You cannot claim double compensation. The insurance company may well have a claim against them if they have to pay out under contract but you would not. So it turns upon the question I asked above. You need to know whether you will recover from your insurance company. Jo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.. by the time we find that out, the time will have run out from this site & I am loath to pay more..
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. All the best.