13262538

My Ex partner left a year ago our relationship deteriated

My Ex partner left a year ago our relationship deteriated sometime before that. Can she claim anything from the house? We were not married the house was my family home for last 40 years my gran transfered the title to myself so I could obtain a mortgage to extend the property so we could all live in the same house. The mortgage is in my name only the title on the deeds is myself with a clause preventing a sale without my grans permission.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What financial contribution did your ex make towards the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None she stayed at home and took care of my gramothers needs which I belive she received money for. I obtained the mortgage and my loaned 10k for the builders shortfall credit card and overdraft debits also accumulated but as they were on my name is ***** ***** to belive she isn't liable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry my gran loaned the 10k.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did she pay for any of the contents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is in the process of getting together all the items that she paid for and taking them out.
Andy
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then that is all she is entitled to - what she personally paid for.

Since she made no financial contribution to the property itself then she has no claim on it whatsoever.

You can give her a deadline to remove her belongings - after a year they should be gone.

Please ask if you need further details