ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Once you have submitted your affidavit to family court can

Once you have submitted your affidavit to family court can you add additional information later to the court when new evidence arises?
Thankyou
Tori
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

Please may I ask - is it a non molestation order that you are applying for? are you already in proceedings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
non mol. Final statements in but further evidence has come up. How do I go about submitting it before the trial?

Thank you for confirming that for me.

So your ex must be contesting the proceedings? what is the further evidence? are you listed for a final hearing?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he is contesting sadly. the further evidence proves coercive control as it proves that he had stolen information about me to use against me but had outright lied about it and built his case around it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I prove before final trial we might avoid trial?

what is the next hearing listed for? normally in my area it would be listed straight to final (the trial - where you both give evidence and the Judge decides) - perhaps in your area you might be listed for directions first ( this being case management)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it might go straight to trial. Can I submit this before the trial

It is likely listed for trial and the only reason that the trial wont go ahead is if your ex decides to change his mind.

As you do not have permission to produce the extra evidence I would suggest the following:

1) send a copy to the court

2) send a copy to your ex

3) at the start of the trial - ask the courts permission for the evidence to be included in the case and explain its relevance.

As long as the Judge considers that the evidence is relevant - then they will include it.

let me know if I can help you further

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it have to be in affidavit form or is letter with attached exhibits ok?

Setting out like a statement will be helpful for the Judge if you need to explain the relevance.

If the document explains itself then you can just send it as it is.

let me know if I can help you further

kind regards

Caroline