29905560

Continuing from my previous question. If my contract of

Continuing from my previous question. If my contract of employment is with a Limited Company and that company is acquired by a Plc does that mean that my contract is invalidated as the Limited Company (as a legal entity) no longer exists?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, no it does not mean that the contract is invalidated by the takeover. What is likely to happen is that TUPE applies or there is simply a direct transfer of the rights and liabilities of the previous employer to the new one. In effect it is just the name of the employer that changes but everything else remain the same, including the terms of the contracts. So if you are trying to use this as a way to argue that the restrictions in the original contract are not valid, then that is unlikely to work I'm afraid.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you