12826847

I wish to ask if I can sue someone for defaming my character

Customer Question

I wish to ask if I can sue someone for defaming my character and reputation, professional standing, stress, using my medical history illegally and without my permission to spread untruth and rumours to my friends and acquaintances on social media and to my employers in the last few years. Can I also instigate legal proceedings for stalking because this person was an acquaintance whom I haven't seen in nor communicated with in over 5 years used others as proxy to inflict narcissistic pain on me and claimed amongst other things which have now unfolded in the public eye as untruths.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Stalking based on the fact they have tracked my career medical data especially that in the last two years that I haven't discussed with anyone who isn't clinical and treating me specifically and published it on social media threatening that I became "friends or else"
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

What specifically has this person done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I met persons responsible for my pain 6 years ago whilst on a course. I at that time missed classes but academically doing quite well. Two female classmate showed concern and I revealed that I was experiencing medical issues and they seemed empathetic towards me and being an open person developed a friendship which was the root cause of my problems.
Apparently, they were communicating things to others mainly untruths to my other colleagues and my social media friends and acquaintances on facebook. I was accused of pretending to have a medical issue which required surgical intervention, was on long term benefits etc, told employers including facebook listeners that my certificates were fake hence costing me a good job offer in the healthcare industry all this ending last year when they got caught making these untrue claims and because I had the police request that they didn't contact directly but they threatened via proxies to expose me even further on social media if I didn't become friends with them.
I just recently found out that some additional people were involved including a newly qualified doctor and a medical school dropout.I believe that the doctor was using my friends as proxy to inflict pain on me because I saw him signal to one of them to keep an eye on me and he in the past had made derogatory comments to a lady of similar ethnic background to me. Other claims now include I was involved in prostitution and details of a visit to Urgent care clinic at my local hospital has been revealed on social media as well as a claim that I am pregnant and my facebook profile is now the most watched in the Nigerian community both in the UK and abroad.
He admitted all this on social media but I personally haven't communicated with these people with the exception of one since 2011.
I have endured embarrassment not to mention psychological trauma and having to deal with other medical issues because a racist believes that I am milking the British public.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am now being insulted by this doctor behind my back. I thought he was cute and a polite young man when I met him but saw other things not long later including the episode where he signaled to the friend to watch me.
They have admitted their role but he is giving persons the impression that I am in love with him and the truth is I haven't seen him since June2011 and we never had more than a few conversations but no phone calls, texts, voice messages or emails. What baffles me is the access to my medical records but I am investigating that.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

So, in short, he has been saying things to others that you disagree with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry but isn't defamation against the law nor illegally accessing and sharing my medical data?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Especially from someone who is stalking me and haven't communicated with via any means in 5 years. None of my conversation with this personwas personal e.g hello bye, how's the course work going on a few occasions i.e less than 4four occasions
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I s making many truthful claims about someone which can be backed by evidence not slanderous in the least. Perhaps I won't get my answer here because you are being vague and not sure if you are a legal professional at the other end of this conversation . Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Good luck