Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We are setting up an online training company and need a

Customer Question

We are setting up an online training company and need a legal disclaimer to say that any complaints etc about the content or advice given in the training will be dealt with in a uk court of law . Who can I ask and how much would this cost approximately ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

So you won't consider any complaints except in court?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we would , it is more that we need to comply with our professional indemnity insurance , IF a court case was brought against us , we need ensure that participants have agreed that it would be in UK court . The online training will be global but we have set up a UK company & have PI insurance for this .

ok. I can draft such a clause. Let me get you an offer for that as an additional service.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great , thank you

Thanks, ***** ***** will me and I will come back, probably later today if that is ok?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Jamie !

I have done it. It's quite a short clause so asked one of my colleagues to have a look and confirm it's ok.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok thank you!

Right its short and to the point:

This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales. Both parties irrevocably submit to its exclusive jurisdiction. The parties also agree that the judicial jurisdiction shall be the Courts of England and Wales and any or all claims shall be heard therein.

That is the clause, short and to the point. But it means that the law of England and Wales (English and Welsh law is the same, but not Scotland). They also agree that any claims to be heard by the Courts of England and Wales.

Short, to the point but less room for interpretation. Is that ok?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jamie,Sounds great , thank you!

Happy to help!