1. Dear Sean, you need to register the Kenyan birth of your daughter with the British authorities. The application fee is GBP 936. Here is a link to the UK Government website which explains the process and has a link for form MN1 upon which you make the application. https://www.gov.uk/register-british-citizen/children-born-outside-uk
2. The usual time period for this registration to occur is about six weeks. You will need to send the Kenyan birth certificate and your own Birth Certificate with the application.
3. Citizenship is obtained by descent under section 3 of the British Nationality Act. However, be aware that you need to spend 3 years in the UK during the time period from 3 years before the child is born until the child is 18. This residency requirement is necessary in order that the child obtain British citizenship.
4. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
5. If you weren't born a British citizen, then you would be a British citizen "other than by descent". In such a situation, your child could not obtain british citizenship if she were born outside the UK. However, you stated that you were "born in the UK". If you had one british citizen parent, then you would be a British citizen by descent. If this is not the case, then your daughter could not claim British citizenship.
6. Your daughter will have to live in the Uk for five years continuous residence if she is to obtain british citizenship in this situation.
7. You are a British citizen by descent in that circumstance. So your daughter will obtain British citizenship if you spend three years in the UK before she is 18, or if you spent three years in the UK before she was born.