Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife applied for (and was granted) a decree nisi in 2004.

Hello, my wife applied for (and was granted) a decree nisi in 2004. As part of the accompanying financial agreement she was allocated a portion of my money purchase pension fund. Subsequently, we have been reconciled and she no longer wishes to proceed with the decree absolute, in fact, we are looking to reverse the decree nisi. However, we would both still like her to have the allocated proportion of my pension fund.
Is it possible to reverse the decree nisi, while 'enforcing' the financial agreement or is it the case that the financial agreement will be void once the decree nisi is reversed?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In relation to the divorce she would be entitled to apply to withdraw the divorce application using form D11 and a statement explaining the reconciliation.

Unfortunately, a pension sharing order can only have effect when the Decree Absolute is granted. However, you should be entitled to name a beneficiary to your pension if you were to pass away. You would also be entitled to offset what was agreed from other assets without a court order.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you