Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My grannddaughter lost her car in a garage fire whilst it

my grannddaughter lost her car in a garage fire whilst it was in for a non insurance cosmetic repair,she has lost all no claims is this right
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What was the value of the vehicle please?
I assume it was the garage that caught fire, not the car which caused it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car was bought for her by me £2000 garage caught fire not the car which was totally destroyed
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £2000 from the garage within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

They were negligent, she is not to blame. If the insurance doesnt pay out the garage is liable