Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

When I was arguing with a retailer about their service,

Good evening,
when I was arguing with a retailer about their service, their security guy was gripping strongly on my arm and was trying to pulling me back and back, my baby was crying sharply in my another arm, I almost falling down and can't hold him safely. I was crying and begging the security guy do not touch me, but nothing can stop him until a gentleman rushed out to ceased him.
I have short video to record this. I wonder if i could sue him for criminal offence?
thank you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What loss have you suffered please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Me and my baby didn't get any physical injury because someone came out to stop him very quickly. But it still make us feel fear and shaking. My baby was keep crying for the rest of day.Thank you.

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi thank you for response.This is just what I would like to know from you. I would like to know if I want to sue him, how much lawyer fee I need to pay to you, and what mostly outcome I would gain from, either he's punished for his bad manner or a compensation.Thank you.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Jamie for your clearly response.Apart from the compensation, one important thing I would like to make sure is: Is it legal by the law if someone touch/pull another person without his/her permission?(eventhough this hasn't cause any physical injury or loss, but it could be a huge influence on mental.) Is this manner could be an offence in the law? And as a woman, what is legally way to protect ourself if this happen again?Thank you.

Yes. Its only illegal without reasonable excuse.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's much clear now.Thank you.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!