1. Dear Stuart, in what country was the alleged water bill not paid? In what country were you sued for the water bill? Was this foreign judgment enforced in England or Wales?
2. Sorry about that. Well the bot***** *****ne is that you can sue this water company for wrongly entering a CCJ against you, when you didn't owe the money. All damages resulting from the adverse impact upon your credit rating are recoverable. Essentially, you can recover the adverse impact upon your credit rating. Essentially publishing a false judgment against a person is a defamation. Additionally, stating someone owes you money and entering judgment against them is a wrongful misuse of legal process and can be sued upon.
3. However, be aware that whilst you will get damages for the sale being interfered with, you won't be able to recover current petrol costs from commuting to a job from a further distance. So, any additional financing costs will be recoverable. But not different childcare costs and petrol costs.
4. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.
5. The CCJ is not going to be removed from the record. It is now a matter of historical record as you or your wife has paid it. Secondly, it is impossible to give an idea of the amount of damages you could claim. However, GBP 15,000 is the minimum amount given for improper publication of incorrect credit records. Finally, It is impossible to know whether this case will settle in advance or whether you will get an offer. That will depend upon the attitude of the water company to paying you compensation. If you don't get a good offer you will have to go to court. It is impossible to predict these things in advance.
6. You are welcome. Please Accept or Rate the answer.