12826847

I (an employee at a surgery) have been recorded by another

Customer Question

I (an employee at a surgery) have been recorded by another member of staff in my room with no other people present. They did not gain my consent and they have taken serial recordings. They have in each situation initiated the conversation and to led me to state my opinion on another individual.
They have sent the recordings to this other person, who in turn has complained and threatened to take me to court.
The manager and partner have suggested we hold a meeting to iron out the problems.
1.Can I confirm that recording without my consent is illegal and an invasion of my privacy?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What is the person threatening to take you to court for exactly?