12826847

Having terminal cancer, I went back to Hardy Studios and

Having terminal cancer, I went back to Karen Hardy Studios and asked my teacher that as my last goal I wanted to do the Karen Hardy Gold Award and the International Pre-Bronce exam. I thought that that was what I was being taught but close to the exam my teacher became very busy with other students who were doing competitions and did not have enough time to give me for extra lessons that I thought I needed. I told him that I was going to have to get another teacher with more time and he went crazy. Finally, he accepted but said that I could have another coach but that he, was going to dance with me for the exams. We did the Gold that did not go too well and I said that from now on I wanted to be coach and dance the Pre-Bronce with my new coach. I then found out that he told the new coach that he was still my main teacher and changed the exam from the Pre-Bronce Syllabus to a social that had nothing to do with what I had asked to learn. Do I have a case?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

What did they undertake to do that they have not?

At the time of contracting that is?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I was told that I was going to be taught what I wanted but then the teacher did what he, wanted. Not the steps that the syllabus for Pre-Bronce but another type, called social.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Is there a paper contract?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Not a contract but I did send an email to the administrator, when I felt that things were not going well and she had a meeting with all the other teachers. They agreed that they should teach me what I asked for. My husband thank the administrator for her prompt action and professionalism.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

There is an email that I sent the administrator. Then she phoned and agreed that I would be taught what I was paying for. My husband answer her in an email. There is also an email from Karen Hardy when I left crying saying that she was very sorry that things had not worked out for me. She said she would keep me in her mailing list but after I complained again, by email. She said she would take me out of the mailing list

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I am waiting for your reply at your convenience.

Kind regards,

Jenny Guest

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. I lost my connection.

Do they accept that you were not taught what you asked for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

When I complained to the teacher in tears, he answered: "What do you care, you are ill anyway." This was said to me in a private conversation. But all the teachers now that he broke his promise.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Ok. But are they denying it?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Karen Hardy and the marketing manager said they were sorry it had not worked out for me. They also said that my teacher was working in my interest since I was ill.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Yes, but are they denying that they provided teaching for the wrong topic?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

They are not denying anything.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

They are just saying that they are sorry it did not work for me. They are not admitting that they did something wrong in so many words.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

In that case, it really comes down to whether you can prove that.

If your contract was that they would deliver a particular type of training and they did not then you do have a claim for breach of contract.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

You do bear the burden of proof though although only to the civil standard.

If you can satisfy a court that it is more likely than not that you did ask for one type of training and got another then you will be home and dry.

The obviously point for them to take is that you appeared to have submitted to the training provided though.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Whether that will succeed or not I cannot say obviously.

They might well cave in if you sue. It is a small claims court sum so it is probably not worth the cost of contesting it.