12826847

It is regarding my ex wife staking claim to a pension I may

Customer Question

Hello, it is regarding my ex wife staking claim to a pension I may be cashing in.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: So my divorce was in 2001, I have a final salary pension and I would like to cash it in. I have just received a solicitors letter to inform me that she would like to stake claim to some of it and I would like to know where I stand. The divorce was in the Isle of Man
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Was there a final financial settlement agreed at the time of the divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no there was not. She divorced me at the time I couldn't afford a solicitor so she got the decree niasi. It only states on it she isn't entitled to any of my will.
I did go to court about a year later to agree maintinence but the judge agreed to what I was paying and said she wasn't entitled to anything else. I "think" I remember him saying she wasn't entitled to my pension at this time but i have no paperwork. Would there be evidence of the court minutes somewhere on record after all this time?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What does her solicitor say about the previous court hearing?