12826847

I hope you can help me with an issue concerning probate, my

Customer Question

Good morning,
I hope you can help me with an issue concerning probate, my aunt recently passed away but hadn't written a will her estate is quite considerable, we have applied for and been granted letters of administration but unfortunately a member of the family has started an action through a solicitor regarding a very distressing episode in the life of my father ( also deceased ) in short it concerns the child of the woman my father took up with, despite eventually tracking down a copy of the child's birth certificate which does not show my father as this child's father this relative has adopted the view that the child is the illegitimate offspring of my father and has instructed a solicitor to prove this! Has he any right to do this?
As I understand it all that needs to be done is for an advertisement to be given under Section 27 of the Trustees Act 1925 for any interested parties to make themselves known.
As you can imagine this arbitrary action is causing some distress to my mother!
I look forward to your reply.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How many siblings did your Aunt have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Aunt had eight Brothers & Sisters who are all deceased, Parents and Grandparents are also deceased of the nine siblings seven had children in total there are twenty four Nephews & Nieces including myself and my Sister, one of our cousins is the instigator of this as my Father had an affair, although the woman had a child she was a known prostitute, I have already obtained a copy of the child's Birth Certificate pointedly my Fathers name is ***** ***** it! Although the child has my Fathers adopted surname.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Has there been any approach whatsoever from this "child" herself?