31090051

I have a verbal agreement with a County Council to carry out

I have a verbal agreement with a County Council to carry out transport of vulnerable adults to various destinations. This has been ongoing for two and a half years and I have received regular payments. Outside of college term the destination varies. This has occurred historically throughout this time. In August, outside of term again the destinations changed and I was advised by the care home as to the temporary placements. My invoice has been declined as the Council say that this transport was not approved, however I was never
instructed to stop this arrangement.
Do I have a legal case to oppose the non payment of my invoice?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

From what you say there is no doubt that you should press for your invoice to be paid. You were working from instructions issued to you, as they have been in the past, and the council are personally barred from objecting to your invoices. In addition you didn't do this work for the good of your health or on a charitable basis. There is a principal that you are entitled to be paid for work done. They can't quote that the work wasn't approved. If it wasn't you wouldn't have done it. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.