31090051

I was caught by a speed camera doing 53 miles in a 40m.ph.

I was caught by a speed camera doing 53 miles in a 40m.ph. zone last Saturday morning at 7.04 a.m. I have a clean driving license and no points. This fine was in Dorset and I live in Gloucestershire. They have offered me a driving awareness course in Dorset but as I run a very busy bed and breakfast business from home I do not see how I can attend.
What fine do you think I could receive and am I likely to loose my license. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You won't lose your licence. You'll get £100 fine and three penalty points. This could affect your insurance premium in the future whereas a driving awareness course will not. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that ai am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you but do I need to do a driving awareness course in Dorset? Very helpful and I am very relieved I won't loose my license