13262538

I have had a supervision order hearing which was ajourned

I have had a supervision order hearing which was ajourned for reports. I had a legal aid solicitor and she arranged a barrister for the hearing. We had a brief consultation and I felt he did not present my views correctly. He became angry when I told him this and said he would not represent me at the next hearing. My solicitor says she has arranged a new barrister for this hearing. However I feel it would be better for me to negotiate the terms of the order myself as I know the case well and feel my daughter needs more therapy provision than the local authority ar including. My solicitor has just written to say if I speak for my self at the next hearing she will no longer be able to advice me, is that true?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is***** shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that your solicitor is correct

If you wish to speak for yourself (and I understand why) the solicitor cannot continue to represent you - if she does then only she (or a barrister) can speak.

She is not being difficult - she truly has no choice

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I agree to the Barrister and then find they are not familiar enough with my case and not representing me how I require can I dismiss them at the hearing and still continue to get legal advice from my solicitor after the hearing ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
still haven't had a reply to my question above
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My apologies for the delay

No I am afraid not

If you wish to speak for yourself at the hearing your solicitor has to get you to sign to say that you are self-representing.

If you wish her to resume acting for you then you would have to pay her to do so