12826847

Do you have someone who specialises in advertising and

Customer Question

Do you have someone who specialises in advertising and branding law?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I have set up a company in the UK where I will be selling fruit juice that I am branding. I would like to know what I can put on the bottle. For example X Fruit Juice is good for your skin? That may be against EU regulations as I know they are very strict, so I would like to speak with someone who can find out for me all of the facts/statements that I can legally brand on my bottle and not get asked to remove.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi NicolaHappy to wait a few more days
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** can I assist you? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
HI AJ, I sent the following message. Can you assist?17/09/2016 01:28
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. I can assist. Can you tell me exactly what you want to put on the label? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi AJ,So two categories of things we would want to put:1- Factual describing- Mangosteen is good for blood flow. Mangosteen prevents cancer, Mangosteen is anti- inflammatory etc.2- Juice content statements such as- Mangosteen juice is packed with Anti-oxidants, Filled with minerals such as Calcium, Copper, Iron, Zinc and Filled with Vitamin B complex such as Thiamin etc.I understand the following:1- These are very difficult to put on bottles as can be mis-leading and also there are strict UK/EU regulations as to what you can and can't say. Recently a Green tea company was fined millions for saying that Green tea helps with weight loss.2- I understand that each mineral or vitamin, has to be a certain level before you can advertise that it has it.If its possible to find out for point 1 and point 2, a list of what I can and can't say, that would be ideal.Please also let me know what you need from my side.Best,Edward
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. I will review the legislation today and revert to you shortly. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. We are also keen to put on the bottle. Non GMO, Gluten free, All natural and Superfood.So can you please also let me know what would constitute as the right amount to be able to put the above on our bottle.Fruit is Mangosteen and it will be the juice.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Thank you. I have looked at the legislation in the UK - which is your target market? If you are selling to the EU have you considered using a distributor who can take liability for compliance? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
UK and EU general. I import the products and then sell to supermarkets etc.All I need to know is what I can and can't put on the bottle.For example:A
health
claim
must
also
be
authorized
by
the
EU.
Your
skin
related
claims
are
likely
to
be
viewed
as
functional
health
claims.
For
a
full
list
of
the
permitted
functional
health
claims,please
see
http://eur-­‐lex.europa.eu/legal-­‐content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32012R0432.You
will
see
that
there
are
permitted
health
claims
relating
to
a
product’s
effect
on
skin

but
you
must
reference
Vitamin
C
(and
not
the
fruit
or
the
juice).Your
reference
to
reducing
the
risk
of
cancer
is
a
risk
reduction
health
claim,
and
this
sort
of
claim
may
only
be
used
if
you
have
obtained
the
consent
of
the
Department
of
Health.
If
you
wish
to
do
so,
let
me
know
and
I
can
provide
further
details
on
the
application
process;
but
do
be
aware
that
you
will
need
to
provide
a
copy
of
the
studies
that
back
up
your
claim.Or:Any
nutrition
or
health
claim
you
make
on
the
packaging
must
comply
with
the
applicable
EU
Regulation
1924/2006
(http://ec.europa.eu/nuhclaims/)
which
covers
labelling,
presentation
and
advertising
of
food
including
fruit
juices.The
claims
you
are
seeking
to
make
would
all
be
viewed
as
either
nutritional
claims
(references
to
Vitamin
C
and
anti-­‐oxidants)
or
health
claim
(skin
and
cancer
references).A
nutritional
claim
can
be
used
only
if
it
is
included
on
the
EU’s
list.
Happily,
the
following
are
included:Source
of
[Vitamin
C].
This
may
be
claimed
if
the
product
contains
at
least
a
significant
amount
as
defined
in
EU
legislation.