12826847

I left UAE nearly 2 years ago. Got divorced and husband

Customer Question

I left UAE nearly 2 years ago. Got divorced and husband wasn't paying maintenance or school fees so returned home to Scotland. Left behind credit card debts and just received a letter from Stocks Legal saying I have 7 days to pay the debt and respond. I am not in any position financially to pay. Should I reply offering minimum monthly payment? Can they enforce legal proceedings in this country? Have they sold the debt to this Manchester firm?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you clarify whether the debt relates to maintenance/school fees here in the UK?

Also, how old are the debts? Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Debts are all related to uae credit card school debts are being paid by ex husband who still works and lives there.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Debts are 2 to 3 years old

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i can wait for another professional.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Haven't had reply yet only email stating no one available to help bit I can 25 per cent off next question. Have had jo service so surely should be refunded?
We offer a refund on request - please confirm if you would like me to do this and I will process it for you.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If no solicitor is going to give me any professional guidance then yes I would like a refund.