Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Ella Harvey age 9 not my daughter but was given parental

Ella Harvey age 9 not my daughter but was given parental rights through court.
Isaac Lewis age 7 my biological son.
Both children were placed in my care through social services and court June 2012 but now I feel Ella would benefit from living back with her mum.
Can this happen as mother seems to be living a sensible life style also I can't and won't let my son go I want to keep him living with me.
Thanks ***** *****
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Was a child arrangement order or a special guardianship order made in your favour?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
child arrangement order both children live with me until the age of 16
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. The best course of action would be for her to apply to court to vary the order so that the child arrangement order is in her favour. This can be done under form C100 and a £215 court fee to the children's local family court. Given the history of local authority involvement, they may involve themselves at least to investigate to ensure there is no risk to the children.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you