12826847

We got an email from ASA saying we are under investigation

Customer Question

hi
we got an email from ASA https://www.asa.org.uk/ saying we are under investigation forAd A website, www.aislestyle.co.uk, for a dress retailer, seen on 25 July 2016, stated “WEDDING DRESS … BRIDESMAIL DRESS … PROM DRESS … WEDDING PARTY DRESSES … SPECIAL OCCASION DRESSES … EVENING DRESSES”. The ad also included various promotions, for example “Order 300+ Free Shipping Sign Up for £5 COUPON” and “Bestseller bridesmaid dresses … UP TO 55% OFF … Order £8 off”. Under the heading “Order & Delivery” the ad stated “We have partnered with a number of reputable shipping companies including Royal Mail, DPD and so on.” Product prices in the ad were given in British pounds sterling. On the “About Aisle Style” page, text stated “Aisle Style UK was founded in 2007 … Our factory is located in China, in the city of Suzhou.” The “Contact Us” page stated “[number] HIGH ROAD, WOOD GREEN, LONDON, this address is only billing address [sic]”.
The ad also featured a photograph and description of a wedding dress. The ad stated “2016 V Neck Lace Bodice Tea Length A-Line Lace Bodice Short Tulle Wedding Dress with Sequinned Back”. An additional wedding dress included a photograph of the product alongside the description “Nectarean A-Line Spaghetti Straps Lace Applique Floor-length Chiffon Wedding Dress”. The website also included a bridesmaid dress described as “Short Sleeved Lace Trimmed V Neck Knee Length Champagne Tulle Bridesmaid Dress”
Issue 1. The complainant, who understood the advertiser was based in China, challenged whether the ad was misleading because it gave the impression that they were based in the UK.
2. The complainant, who believed the photographs of the dresses did not accurately represent the products received, also challenged whether they were misleading
Investigated under CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.4.2 (Misleading advertising) and 3.7 (Substantiation).does that make sense?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
in our opinion we do not agree. because the billing address is a requirement of the payment gateway, we do not use it as promotional material. In addition it is clearly said on the website that it is a billing address "Billing Address:"CNFIRST TRADE LTD,DEPT 906,***** WOOD GREEN, LONDON, this address is only billing address". In the about us, the custom tax section and the faq we clearly state that the dresses come from our factory in china.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
then they say that our pictures do not reflect our product. But our pictures are the products that we sell, but every dress is hand made and therefore cannot always be 100 % the same. What do you think?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
we still want to wait for the answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

We spoke about this, is there anything else you need to know?