Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I took my motor bike engine into g & h motorcycles

Customer Question

Hi I took my motor bike engine into g & h motorcycles Colchester for an engine rebuild!! When I dropped the engine to them they said no problem we will get it sorted is there a rush to get it back. I said no 2 weeks would be fine!! The owner/manager then said what year is the bike as this will be detrimental to getting the correct parts for the rebuild. I said I'm not sure when I brought the bike I was told it was an 2007 model. He said we need the number on the chassis to be sure. So I said ok I'll go and look and let you know....... So I forgot to call them back with the number- bad on my part I know but you would hope they'd call and promt me for this very important information. So a week later I get a call with a quotation for the work to be completed £740ish I said go ahead thank you. Then another call- he says we've had some problems rebuilt the engine and the parts that they had ordered are incorrect, they now want to charge me much more to cover the costs of parts and labour to rectify this problem. I think this is massively unfair, unprofessional- after all it was they're mistake ordering the wrong parts. Please advise
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I would like to know when I go to pick up the engine and pay for it how or what to say. As I'm sure that as a consumer I have rights and don't think I should be made to pay an extra!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number***********
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I tried calling and it went to voicemail.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies I must have been on the phone! Please try me again.
Regards kyall
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Are you available tomorrow as its getting late now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after 5 ideally as I'm with clients most of the day.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Just come back on the site and remind me at 5pm you would. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie is there any chance you could call me tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

ok, you can remind me tomororw please.