Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Please I wish to lift a restraining order on my husband, how

Hello,please I wish to lift a restraining order on my husband, how do I go about it?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Is the order a non-molestation order or a different type of order?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restraining order
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Was it by the police or the family courts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both I think
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because he was remanded
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u there?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The police order can only be lifted if an application is made to vary or discharge the restraining order and this will need to be decided in the criminal courts.

If you have a non-molestation order under the Family Law Act in place you can apply to the family court to vary or discharge the order using form FL403.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you