Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I asked a man who advertises computer help to disconnect and

I asked a man who advertises computer help to disconnect and remove my old computer. He seemed very genuine and persuaded me to let him take the whole lot away. A few days later I felt I should ask him to return the hard drive so that I could be sure my information was destroyed. He does not answer my calls, I left messages but the hard drive has not been returned, and now I reLise I don't know his name or address, as he advertises under a nickname. I want my hRd dive back.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this

Do you have this persons address please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, he operates under a nickname, so I know nothing about him. However he has always seemed very pleasant and friendly, talking about his family etc.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. All you can do is report it to the Police. If you don't know his details, they can trace him and investigate.

He should return your hard drive, it belongs to you and is your property.

This could be theft and as such they could prosecute.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?