Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

The money claim gateway no longer lets me 'for technical

Customer Question

The money claim gateway no longer lets me 'for technical reasons' and the helpline phone number answer is 'sorry this number is ***** in service' I have been given the following support id 1193349104114095124. What do I do next?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do you have the name of the county court that issued the claim and served it on the defendant? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Northampton County Court is the address on the response that will not let me access and to whom it is suggested I send a written form.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. As i said the County Court is at Northampton
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
AJ can i give you any more information to help you resolve my problem?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. If the defendant has not responded to proceedings you can file a form N244 at the county court and request a default Judgment.

Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

You need to fill in the form N244 and cite CPR rule 12 - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part12 - specifcally rule 12.3.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has been suggested that I submit for N225 but i was hoping you could help me rejoin my account or give me an uptodate phone number for the help line. is N244 more appropriate that N225? I am claiming from a Limited Company..
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

As a starting point call the court and ask them to confirm that they will accept an application notice as you have locked out of the online claim system.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK Thank you. I will try that, and check the details you have provided. Pity we couldn't talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think i will just send form N225 as completed as i can make it to the County Court at Northampton. I have tried ringing them and I just get a list of options. The only one relevant asks me to visit the site you gave me and search for the relevant form. I will send the form with a covering letter. Should i send a copy of the claim form and of my signed lasting Power of Attorney, or any other documentary evidence?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My apologies I am not currently available for a call. Here is the form http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=484

How much are you owed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank youI am owed £2000 plus your fee and any further court charges.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Thank you. Does the debtor own a property or have any assets you can claim against? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Westminster Recliners is a limited company making a range of chairs. It should have a regular income judging by its treatment of my Aunt for whom I have Lasting Power of Attorney. It did originally send a cheque for the outstanding amount but this bounced and I had to return it to them.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. How did you pay for their services? Did you use a credit card? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My Aunt originally paid by cheque when she placed the order. She subsequently cancelled the order and ordered a cheaper chair and paid for that when she placed that order. i discovered this when i saw her bank account. i requested repayment. They sent the cheque and that bounced. i returned it to them with the letter from the bank, having taken copies, and asked for a bank transfer to my aunt's account. Since then silence in the face of each stage towards the present position.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I notice you have not replied to my response at 1.27. Is the consultation at an end? May I close the page down?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. My apologies I have just received this. If she paid by cheque and they are ignoring you will have to pursue the court option. Are they still answering the phone to sales calls?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent them 'time is of the essence' and they ignored it so I went through the small claims process on line and they ignored that. I now want a CCJ for a payment forthwith. I have all the documentation to prove the case.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. If you have issued the claim and they did not respond they you are entitled to a default Judgment. You need to apply for the Judgment using the process I have described. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thank you. I have filed form N225 but now I will follow up on what you suggest.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you. ***** can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards AJ