Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I ordered a bespoke tablecloth in grey online. The cloth

I ordered a bespoke tablecloth in grey online. The cloth arrived, it was the correct dimensions but the wrong colour. The supplier is refusing to refund as it is a bespoke item. The do offer an optional sample service but as there was the colour Grey in the name of the cloth and the photograph on the website showed a grey cloth I did not pursue this option. Do I have the right to a refund please?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much did you pay?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Initially £74.96. £20 of this was refunded as I had asked for the edges of the cloth to be bound. They called me to advise that they were unable to match the grey bindings to the cloth & would be refunding the cost of the binding.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I forgot to say 'Hello' Jamie.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can assume that even though this item was bespoke I still have a legal right to a refund?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if it is not what you ordered.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much Jamie. How do I get my deposit back please?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You issue proceedings as I have indicated above.

You then write and ask for it and then get your money back.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry no, I meant my goodwill deposit paid to Just Answer.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Are you not happy with the service I have provided or the legal answer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
indeed but I understood the payment was a goodwill deposit not a charge.Is that not correct?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You make a deposit, when you get the answer, that deposit is then credited to the expert who has answered your question.

So until you are happy with my answer there is no charge, thereafter its a one off fee

Does that clarify?