Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I am in need of some advice regarding a property it is a

Hello I am in need of some advice regarding a property it is a conversion I am at the top of the property and the gas meter in the basement which I have to shear with other owners the problem is that I am unable to gain access because there an iron gate stopping me from reading the meter what are my rights? and can my problem be dealt with quickly
/
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 10 months ago.

Who has control of the basement , do you have to go through someone else's flat to get to it?

Do you know why the owner is being such a pain about it?

Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Michael the questions you have asked me about the property are as follows I do not have to go through any ones flat to get to meter and I have no idea why the owner of the basement flat has been such a pain over the last ten years I would like to know will the case be costly as I would to know be for we continue hope to hear from you soon ***** *****

Dear *****

The owner of the basement flat was or should have been aware that the meters were situated in the basement when he bought the property. I suspect it was cheaper as a consequence. Since they are there then the other occupiers have what is called an easement of necessity to get to the meters whether he likes it or not.

I would check your title documents if you have them otherwise either you or a local conveyancing solicitor can get you copies from the Land registry along with a copy of the title to the basement to see what easements exist, if any, in your favour and against him. If they are actually stated there is less room to argue.

Also you can use the fact that he is aggressive and offensive as that is threatening behaviour.

Please let me know if there is anything I have not covered. I work during the day but on the system in the evenings.

Best regards

M,ichael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Michael I have found a lease document the part of easement rights and privileges is the part I have focused on or do you need the entire document ? I Still need to known what the cost will be for your service hope to hear from you soon ***** *****