13262538

Do I have a right to see my deceased mother's in the Chapel

Customer Question

Do I have a right to see my deceased mother's in the Chapel of Rest. I have just called them and been told I cannot go without a password. My sibling (who organised the funeral etc) and I have not spoken for many years. I need to know urgently as the funeral is this Wednesday
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

I'm sorry. I sent you that response by accident. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Could you please get back to me as soon as possible, I need to make arrangements urgently as I need to arrange cover for my business which has to be manned 24/7 and I live 160 miles from where my mum's body is
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your loss

I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that there is no absolute right to visit the Chapel of rest and see your mother.

It is up to the person organising and paying for the funeral who may do so.

Alternatively if there is a Will and the Executor is a different person to the one organising the funeral then the Executor can authorise it.

I am sorry not to give you better news

Please ask if you need further details