Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Do i have to attend a court case in ireland regarding

do i have to attend a court case in ireland regarding custody of my girls
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. Dear Marina, I would advise you to either attend or to employ an irish solicitor from the locality where the court case is to attend and make submissions on your behalf. Otherwise you run the risk that the court will make an order which is not in your interests. This is always a risk when you don't turn up. If you dont turn up only one side is heard and there is the risk that the court will not make an order that reflects the true position.

2. If you are living in England and are concerned about the costs, you should get a solicitor to attend and to make submissions. This avoids the need to travel over and back and the solicitor is likely to get a better hearing that you as a lay person. So, I would suggest you make some arrangement to get a solicitor to attend or else you have to attend personally.

3. Please Accept the Answer or Rate the Answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not get paid for answering your question.