Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was ill in Egypt all the way through stay sure authorised

I was ill in Egypt all the way through stay sure authorised every procedure until it came to paying the bill, luckily my dad paid th £28.000. They said I hadn't filled the form in properly. I have since seen two consultants that say I had meningitis and nothing to do with my liver. Can you help me as they wont converse with my solicitor.?
Fiona benbow
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello Fiona my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Who won't correspond with your solicitor?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am deaf which the two consultants say occurred from being ill in Egypt. Unfortunately I have to correspond by email

Yes but who wont correspond with your Solicitor and why?
Its not clear sadly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Stay sure have said they are going with theombudsmanand will not discuss it anymore. I put to my solicitor why did they allow all this treatment when I could have got a nurse to escort me home after I came out of icu

Ok, your insurers are refusing to pay out.

Have you complained to the Ombudsman yet? If so, what did they say?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The ombudsman said not to. I had said I suffered from liver disease as there wasn't any room to put any more. Unfortunately they didn't treat me for meningitis but stay sure don't want to know.

OK - so why cant your Solicitor issue proceedings?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've already paid out £1800 and now he wants £1600 to carry on to get my hospital notes cost £950. He said to get a barristers opinion before I carried on.

Is he on a no win no fee?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately not I was assured by one of their other solicitors that it should be okay as staysure broke the contract

Its bad news I am afraid. You would have signed terms and conditions of business when you started. This should set out how and when you will be charged.

But you are likely to need a Barristers opinion in order to see whether the case is worth taking forward and if you are likely to win.

So the Counsels opinion I can understand. But I cant see why cost £950 to get your hospital notes when under the Data Protection Act it would cost £50. Thats right - £50.

You should complain to the Managing Partner of the firm who can investigate your complaint. If you are still not satisfied you can then take it to the Legal Ombudsman who offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at: http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No thAnkyou you have been a great help.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!