Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If a tenant has let her daughter park her vehicle outside

If a tenant has let her daughter park her vehicle outside the property for 2 weeks and then someone petrol bombs the car causing damage to the outside of the property who should be responsible for the damage caused to the door and window? ??
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have they caught who did this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they have not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A claim number has been given but I do not think I should pay any excess or be liable for the damage of my property.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have an answer please
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am considering this. Do you know the cost of repair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apparantly the tenant thinks I have to claim on my insurance even tho its her daughters car thst was petrol bombed... the daughter doesn't even live there ..I do not have this type of cover on my buildings insurance for malicious damage caused by someone else .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You issue a claim against the person's whose car it is and they issue against the person that threw the petrol bomb