12826847

My girlfriends ex made an allegation against her of assault

Customer Question

My girlfriends ex made an allegation against her of assault on the child as she had to restrain him when he did not want to go bed and he had a mark on his chest. This was not about the child's welfare was about scoring points over his ex. My girlfriend was charged because he was marked and is obviously devastated. He finds this quite amusing. The child is scared of his dad and will go along with whatever he says. His dad made the allegations and got to sit in on the interview while the police questioned the child. Surely if he made the allegation he should not have been allowed to sit in while police spoke with child?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Why are you involved in this?

I realise you are trying to help but your position and safety is more important.